|Welcome to the world|
It started with the Nippers at Lakes and the whole new sport thing....where to stand,m where do I get the best pics, aperture/shutter speed and everything....then it was
Having a go at some real estate...that is going well to date.
Now I got a chance to try Newborn photography and it was great. I read a lot, but wanted to stick to the basics so I packed my bag:-
- 50mm (1.8.....fantastic!!!...lens)....and a camera my Canon 7D
- Some blankets and a pillow for posing
- Cute hats (although Julian had quite a supply of hats)
- Flash to be used off camera
- BIg white piece of cardboard to use as a reflector and get rid of ugly shadows
- Lots of ideas........
What went well
- I got some really good pics
- Baby slept through some of it
- I really enjoyed it all and I learned a ton
What was a lesson
- Babys (even 11 days old), don't just go into poses that you put them in
- Babys cry
- Babys need time out for feeding and nappy changing (imagine that.....one website says to take plenty of paper towel ...I chose the "leave baby in Nappy" option)
- Getting home and thinking I wish I had more feet and hands pics.........but this is my husbands grandson (and my step-grandson), and so we can go back and shoot those bits another day
I also have some new gear ordered which was supposed to be here and that included unbrellas for flash (both translucent and reflecting), and flash triggers!
I scored a small beanbag for future shoots to pose the baby on which will be a godsend........I also bought some presets for Lightroom which are great....Photoshop is a great editing tool for the best, but Lightroom is fantastic for editing those shots that dont need a lot!
The newborn was Julian Michael, the first child for Alice and Mikey and it was lots of fun as he was very cute and I got a to have a big cuddle.
|No more pictures.........I have had enough now!|
I am calling my agent to negotiate a deal
|Checking out his own fingers!...|
|One of my faves from the shoot|
|This hat was something a bit different.........but very cute!|
|And dad barracked for Essendon and the white nappy kept St Kilda fan mum happy too|
|You had to be ready for those fleeting moments.....|
I have got a lot of editing to do and will supply to mum and dad by the end of the week:-
- Disk of images
- A couple of images printed..............I am working on a couple of collages which should look great....but they are a surprise at the moment so no sneak peaks.....(well not a surprise any more.....)......
I have got another baby shoot this week, so I have to get this one finished.....but it is going well I have culled and chosen the best pics. :)